Friday, November 18, 2005

Gun Talk

Well,lets start by telling you about my small,but climbing gun collection.The first gun i bought was a Sig Sauer P239 9mm.The moment i held it,I knew it had to be mine.Ive got small hands so I just loved the grip on it.I had been out of practice shooting when I got it, and of course first time I shot it I thought"These sights are way off!" But after warming up to it, I could shoot pretty accurate with it. Enough so, that I trusted it to be the gun that I took to get my HCP with. I carried it for 2 years until everyone kept telling me that I just had to get a 1911,which brings me to the gun i carry now,my stainless Kimber Compact CDP II .45. They were right! I just love it! It's got the beavertail safety, Meprolight night sights, amidexitrous safety,and checkered wood grips.The fact that i can carry this one cocked and locked,isnt too shabby either. Ammo can get expensive on a .45 tho, so I needed something i could just plink around with or take squirrel hunting. When a Ruger 10/22 came in the store, I decided to pick it up. It was Mossy Oak camo, and already had a scope mounted on it.Not the one I would have probaly put on there, but it'll do. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but I'm anxious to take it out. I'm working on getting a digital camera or getting my scanner fixed,whichever one is cheaper, but when I do, I'll posts some pics up.

5 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

Please tell us how the 10/22 shoots; I am thinking ofgetting one for my 9 year-old son, and am not sure which .22 rifle to get him...

Keep up the site; I am anxious to hear about your line of work.

S. Clark

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Tiffani said...

Okay I'll keep you posted.I've shot a customer's Ruger 10/22 once on the range,and I really liked it.
I think its a great rifle for beginners,plinkers and varmint hunters.Thanks for the comment.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Tam said...

Yeah, keep up the site. ;)

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous freddyboomboom said...

I've never seen a Ruger 10/22 that wasn't a pleasure to shoot.

Also, all of the levergun makers make versions in .22. The Marlin and Henry ones will shoot .22 Long Rifle, .22 Long, .22 Short, and .22 CB.

Don't rule out the bolties and the single shot break open .22's either.

If you have to reload after each shot it makes yo more careful to make that one shot count. If you have 10 shots before reloading, it can make for less care in aiming. Can, not necessarily will...

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said...

Chargeofquarters:

I picked up a used marlin 60 a little while back and I think it may be the perfect youth rifle... it's lighter and better balanced than the 10/22 plus it's got that tube magazine that you just drop rounds into, no worries about aligning cartridges in stick mags, rimlock, nope... just turn it the right way and drop it into the port, 17 shots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

423 587 6737